Monday, September 6, 2010

Time is Flying


      I can't believe that in TWO weeks I will be in San Diego!  For the longest time, training seemed so far into the future.  Now that it is around the corner, I have so many mixed emotions/feelings for it. Sometimes, after a particularly difficult class, I find myself driving home wondering what I am getting myself into!  For the most part, however, I am very excited for training.  I look forward to the energy in the room practicing with so many other people and the fact that for 9 weeks, 100% of my time will be directed towards learning yoga and focusing on my own practice.  I'm nervous for the content I must memorize and the CRAZY hours we will be keeping.  I'm hopeful I won't struggle too much with the dialogue so I will be able to enjoy my very limited free time in San Diego.
      I had a dream last night that I forgot to pack random things I didn’t think I would need. So, needless to say I am starting to get a list together of what I need to pack.  I am also trying to figure out what I am going to feed myself while I am there.  Unlike past training sessions, food is no longer included in the very high tuition cost. This was a little unsettling for me because we are staying in regular hotel rooms with no kitchens.  I don’t know what the cost of eating out will run me while I am there, so I’m trying to figure out well-balanced meals I can make myself to stay within my budget.  I am seriously considering smuggling in a mini toaster oven that I could cook some prepared stuff from trader joe’s.  I guess we’ll see what the set-up is once I’m there!
      This past Saturday, I met another teacher trainee from the Ann Arbor studio.  My studio director mentioned her to me a little bit ago, offering the idea of us being roommates.  I was all for it, but wanted to meet her first just to be sure!  She practices with her mom too, so they both came to class.  She seems super nice!  I think rooming together will work great, not to mention it’ll be nice getting there and having a familiar face! 

No comments:

Post a Comment