Thursday, September 2, 2010

Practice, Practice, Practice

I knew these weeks up to training would fly by, but I didn't realize just what all I needed to accomplish.  I work 5 nights at my restaurant, but could usually count on one night getting the call off.  Now that training is around the corner I can NOT miss any more work!! Not only for insurance hours, but of course money! I need every dollar I can make right now to cover my bills while I'm gone.  It sadly makes my job a little more depressing knowing I can't get that phone call in the afternoon letting me take the night off! Oh well..

On top of work, I'm trying to keep my practice up.  I've been 3 days this week, but missed yesterday and today.  My muscles have been very fatigued and weak this past week. Not sure what is up with that.

Practicing this dialogue has been a challenge in itself! It's the same dialogue every class, and I hear it constantly.  Here I was thinking it shouldn't be too difficult! Ha, was I wrong!  While I know the general dialogue, I do not know Bikram's.  It has to be word for word.  I'm getting confused by all of the little words and phrases.
An example would be:  Weight IN the heels; Weight ON the heels! YOUR heels, THE legs.  Stuff like that switches back and forth constantly!
I've recorded myself saying the dialogue which helps.  I have had to replace sirius in my car with my own boring voice going over the dialogue.  People in cars next to me probably think I am crazy.  Seeing  me talk to myself, then get really upset and reset the CD.  It seems to be helping though!

So this holiday weekend will be dedicated to practicing both the dialogue and yoga.  At some point I need to get a packing list together...

No comments:

Post a Comment